4.26.2011

calling all you housewalkers


Who doesn't love a photo of a real-life, great house? I know I do, and apparently y'all do as well because it is the number one email topic I receive. Recently, my friend Matt found the blog through a comment I made on another (I'm terrible at sharing this with my friends....). He once lived in Seattle and now resides in the Twin Cities. Both have made top ten lists of places to live in the past 5 years.

It got me thinking. How cool would it be to see your housewalking shots?

Answer: very.

Here are the rules:
1) You must take the photo while standing on public property such as the street, sidewalk, or even farther away. If I think you're infringing on private property, I won't post it. Please do not send a photo that includes any people, license plates, or anything personal to the owners. We are just admiring architecture, so let's keep it there! I reserve the right to nix it.

2) It must be a house you like. Or love. No negative shots will be posted. I want to see what is great about your town/village/city through its homey is-ness.

3) Block out the address AND save the original image on your harddrive without including the address. It is very important to me that these homes remain anonymous, so let's protect their privacy even better than google maps. If you can't let me know, and if I have time I'll adjust it and post it then. Have you checked out your house on google maps yet? I do every few months just to see if they updated it. Nope. Same.

4) If possible, please edit the photo to get the best possible lighting and highlights.

5) Send the photo to thishawksnest at gmail dot com with the subject: "housewalkers, housewalkers, housewalkers, ho!" 

I laud all you Thundercats fans out there who know what I'm talking about.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

icj,
~j



1 comment:

  1. So much fun! I have a house in mind. Let's see if I can pull it off. xo

    ReplyDelete

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics