9.11.2012

raspberry almond cake : another roost masterpiece



Recently Hawk and I had the pleasure of attending the Sigmon wedding at which they served 10 cakes from local bakeries. I tasted two, the only two I wanted to taste (why ruin a good dessert with too much variety?): the raspberry almond and vanilla almond cakes.

When I discovered that my favorite food blogger, Roost, has embarked on the adventure of writing her first cookbook (I CANNOT WAIT), I popped over there and found this recipe to share with you. I hope to make it very soon, though I admit, our food budget is in a rough spot. I've drastically altered the way I shop after reading French Kids Eat Everything, so I have less expendable finances for even more delectible goodies.

Someday. Someday I will wear JCrew and Madewell on a regular basis, my hair will look appropriate to my age, and I will be an amazing cook with a budget for food that brings non-family people to our table daily and sends us all to sleep with happy, full bellies. In the meantime, enjoy!

 icj, ~j

from ROOST BLOG:  Raspberry Almond Cake (makes 1-9inch bundt cake)

***NOTE: If you use Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour your cake may be more moist and stick to the pan. I encourage you to use Honeyville Brand.
  • 6 cups almond flour ( I used Honeyville)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cups ghee, or oil of our choice
  • 3/4 cups honey
  • 2 tsp pure almond extract
  • 1 pint fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9inch non stick bundt pan.
Combine dry ingredients into a bowl. Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl then add to dry ingredients until a smooth batter has formed.
Gently fold in raspberries into batter and pour into greased pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle. After 30 minutes of baking place a sheet of tin foil over pan to prevent the cake from getting to brown (almond flour browns very easily).
Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least 45 minutes. Flip cake onto a cake stand or plate and drizzle with glaze.
Coconut Butter Glaze
  • 1 cup coconut butter
  • 1 TBS honey 
Combine honey and coconut butter into a bowl. Place into the warm oven until the coconut butter soften significantly. Once it has softened to a pourable consistency drizzle over cooled cake and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the Lord cares what you're wearing :) That's what my husband says to me all.the.time about material things. It's material. It's not eternal. ay yiyi

    ReplyDelete

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics