9.04.2012

the second book to change my life (& it's on sale!)


And no, that's not a hyperbolic title to post.

If you've seen me in person anytime in the last 3 months, you've heard me talking about Karen Le Billon's standout piece, French Kids Eat Everything. I've checked it out from the library three times, each for as long as I am able --- and there are usually holds on it so I have to return it far sooner than I'd like.

I'm preparing to tell you a lot about the changes, like
how Ace eats almost anything we serve him, 
how my eating habits have drastically changed, 
how my cooking life has expanded, 
how I'm losing weight (appropriately),
and how I love, love eating real food.


For this week only you can 
buy the e-book for $3.99, originally $21.00!!!

I know this because I've recently been in contact with the author and not because I have an ipad or nook or kindle. though you can certainly gift me one anytime, friends. She's as personable, intelligent, and humble as she appears in her book, and I'm very honored to give a shout out.

Please, for my sake, take advantage of the offer and read the book! It's funny, engaging, and hard to put down. And last week, I made and ate this because I read that.



Sincerely,
~j

p.s. Only one other book ever altered my thinking and thus my behavior until now and that's not a story for this blog:)

p.p.s. I know that the wrong ends are cut off of the asparagus. I'm still learning, people. And I'm willing to show you my goofy gaffes so you can benefit (or just laugh at me).


13 comments:

  1. I read the other book at your suggestion (at least part of it) and I tried to read this one but I never made it to the library to get even though it was there on hold for me. Probably at your expense. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! you're hilarious. let me know if it works out. What did you think of the first (was it Bringing Up Bebe?)

      Delete
    2. no, Passion and Purity. Though I don't remember much of it unfortunately except something about missionaries. Go me.

      Delete
  2. I just found this blog, I'm gonna order this book. I'm a (ex) caterer, and pretty adventurous eater - my kids, however, are impossible!!! I look forward to reading this book! Thank yoU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, welcome! And that's wonderful news; you won't regret it. Please do come back and let us know what you think!
      ~j

      Delete
  3. I am currently looking for some dietary guidlines that aren't about not eating stuff, but eating all things properly. Would you say this book fits that description?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwitty: Absolutely. Ace and I eat chocolate every day during the "goutier" or 4pm snack time. I eat a bowl of ice cream and drink 1-2 glasses of beer or wine over the course of each day. And I wouldn't say the books is "everything in moderation." It's much more of an understanding of how good food is to the human person's lifestyle. It naturally follows that if food is a natural good, then truly delicious food is going to be naturally good. Sort of why "less is more" at a five-star restaurant--but wait, WE get to eat like that any day if we want!

      Delete
    2. I should add that from an adult perspective, reading the first 3 chapters of French Women Don't Get Fat also helped!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I will check them out. Also, you do have an e-reader on your iphone. Just download the free Kindle App. I have used it (the android version) on my phone and even though the screen is small, it reads pretty well.

      Delete
    4. bwitty, THANK YOU! I had no idea. I am very far behind on the iphone addiction, though I'd sell all my clothes before I'd give it up.

      Delete
  4. I also just want to know whether that was REALLY your first time preparing asparagus/eating it. Really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the second time preparing, the 10th or so time eating, but the first time I made it I didn't eat it, and whenever it was prepared for me I'd take a bite and hold my breath as I swallowed. I know, mature, right?

      But this time I ate it all! and I enjoyed it! (except for the woody ends that should have been cut off heheh)

      Delete
  5. Ha, Rachel had Passion and Purity...maybe we should have kept it. :)

    ReplyDelete

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics