10.01.2012

100 golden no's


I bet you can relate: you think the answer is going to be no and so you don't ask, or you don't go, or you don't try. Fear of receiving a no has kept me from some pretty interesting experiences.

Here's the brilliance behind the project: We hold ourselves back from new experiences because we fear we'll be told we can't do it. If we already expect to hear a No but we pursue it anyway, then we're no worse off for asking, but when we ask we may find a Yes in response instead. The goal is to cross off 100 golden no's before the year is out.

So when I heard about this here and here, I didn't think I'd be one of those people to say I've received double the yes responses over the no's. In fact, I've only heard five no's and I've received well over a dozen yes's.

Question: Why is it acceptable to use an apostrophe when pluralizing yes and no? Or is there no plural form and I'm making something up? Anyone know?

Anyway, I can't believe where this 100 Golden No's has taken me. I've connected with Karen Le Billon, author of French Kids Eat Everything, and now get to be a part of her next project. I'll begin interviewing a local grocer on a regular basis to learn more about choosing produce of all kinds, which I swear is much more exciting than it sounds at the moment. I've completed one new home tour for a new series coming this month and have two more on the calendar. And those are just the most recent! There's also a phone company charge finally waived and a Netflix renewal (since we don't have a tv).

A little surprise perk: the challenge made me more assertive in general. For example, I wanted gray walls, built-in bookshelves, and various colored pillowcases to change out through the year. Before this little challenge I might have held back and not gone for any of them. But now they all exist.

We still have three months to 2012, and I'm hoping to work my way through a handful more. When 2013 comes, I'm starting fresh--or I may continue and record how many years it took me to do all 100!

DOWNLOAD the FREE 100 Golden No's printable here.

Cheers to starting something new!!

icj,
~j

p.s. Sorry for the lack of Friday posts. The kids and I are sick sick sick and my sister-in-law left last night for three months in South America, so we spent as much time as possible with her. This is one of those days I really wish someone would magically hold the day so I could sleep without missing time with the kids or projects I'm desperate to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics