11.02.2009

All Hallow's Eve

I'm not entirely sure where that apostrophe belongs. Nonetheless, it is now* two days after All Hallow's Eve (*a.k.a. All Saints Day, which sounds a tad more encouraging). I married a magnificent man, and I expected that in doing so, I would learn a great deal more about him.


I did not realize that he would be so excited about Halloween and trick-or-treaters. He spoke about it for days, at random intervals. So when we completed our first Great Date, and we went to the Dollar Delight 

to spend $2 a piece on a meaningful gift for each other, we had to get two more gifts becuase the ole DD won't take a credit card for purchases under $5. So we found these spirited items:




Pretty scary, eh? So that was Friday night, and when I came downstairs after preparing my costume, I found this:






I used a fun bridesmaid dress and some aluminum foil to squeak out a princess outfit:

So I've discovered something new: owning a home means entertaining Trick-or-Treaters in style.

Hope you had a lovely weekend! Check back tomorrow for an update on the housewarming!

icj,
~j


1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased you find the time to have FUN together-just plain silly fun. I believe that is one of the secrets to a happy marriage. And, to have fun together, you need to make time for each other. Don't ever stop. (Many marriages never start.)

    ReplyDelete

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics