11.16.2010

Ace's Homemade Quilt

I'm a sucker for square, patchwork quilts. And for Anna Maria Horner.



So when we announced to my family that we were expecting, I asked my mother to make a patchwork quilt from my favorite fabric designer as a usable keepsake for our newest family member. This past weekend, she and my father came down for an afternoon visit (they live a few hours away). We had a great time. The boys moved furniture, the girls hit up Babies'R'Us, grabbed a too-delicious dinner at Cafe Hollander's sister restaurant, Trocadero, and played Ingenious. 


And, she presented me with this:

Ace's first homemade quilt! I really wish our camera could give you a better grasp of the bright colors and perfect lines (all the corners match up--far better than the one I made for Mom Shedd).  It adds just enough color and oomph to the room. 

And with the blue backing, I think it works well for either a boy or a girl.

So there's my happy story for the day. I know, every other blogger out there is decorating for Thanksgiving. And that's great. I can't stop scouring their offerings. But I've never been a huge Thanksgiving decorator outside of the usual fall theme. I'm much more excited about Baby stuff and Advent decorating!!!


So if you want a little Thanksgiving inspiration, here you go:
pumpkin treats
fun posters
printables
funky diy pillows (though not exactly Thanksgiving)
unique wood-shaving wreath


Thanks, Mom Shedd, for the perfect mom-to-daughter quilt!


icj,
~j

No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics