7.26.2012

i carry your heart

This poem from EE Cummings has been on my mind every day lately. I first heard it in the movie In Her Shoes about sisters, but for me it hits home when I think of my little buddies, my kids. Dedicated to Anna, of An Inch of Gray. 


i carry your heart (i carry it in 
my heart) i am never without it (wherever i go you go my dear, 
and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)i fear not fate(for you 
are my fate,my sweet)i want no workd(for you are my world, my true)and 
it's you are whatever a moon has always meant 
and whatever a sun will always sing is you 


here is the deepest secret nobody knows(here is the root of the root 
and the bid of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) 
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart 


i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) 


 EE Cummings


Happy Thursday, friends.


icj,
~j

3 comments:

  1. i do like a little e.e.cummings. and i agree. our spouses and children are our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics