9.25.2012

do you "fall clean"?

For the past few weeks I've been trying my hand at fall cleaning. Which basically means clearing out and reorganizing various spaces during the brief overlap in Ace & Poppy's naps. Which explains why I really only have the kitchen, dining room, living room, linen closet, and coat closet done. Which looks like a lot now that I see it here, but it's really not.

There's a difference between decluttering and deep cleaning. In all of these spaces sans regular maintenance and a deep cleaning of both closets, I'm really just decluttering. I keep hearing a place for everything and everything in its place. And not a cluttered, pushed against each other on the kitchen counter sort of place but a defined, natural, usable or enjoyable and appropriate space.

My hope is to get to the deep cleaning part by mid-October. Big hope with what I've got on my plate, but what's the point of not hoping for the best, right?

Are you doing a deep fall clean before the crazy winter months? Here are a few checklists I found that you might enjoy. I myself am using Ms. Mendelson's checklist, and I'll let you know how it goes when I'm done!


an easy guide for your first year
a version for kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics