10.08.2012

we're a test kitchen!


Last week was a rough one in our nest, and we're back with exciting news. I mentioned in this post that I was taking more chances; I recently went outside my comfort zone to personally thank an author who has altered my thinking.

After reading French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon, I wanted to tell the woman herself how her triumphs and trevails impacted our family. She was gracious enough to respond with enthusiasm and after more conversation, she extended an invitation to be a test kitchen for her next book.

AAAHHHHH!!!!

We've already begun. Of course, I can't share the menu or recipes on the blog, but I can tell you that we're receiving guidance on how to introduce these foods to our kids given the needs of their ages (infant and toddler). If I'm allowed to discuss anything, you'll be the first to know.

In the meantime, check out her recent post about Why French Kids Don't Get Fat, and note that the French obesity rate is almost 1/3 of the U.S. rate!

We're elated to be a part of the prep and to learn even more about better cuisine. It's high time I talked about the book itself...

icj,
~j


No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics