10.27.2009

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Three weeks ago I posted about a dining room Photoshop design consultation and promised that "tomorrow I'll post pics of our old dining room."


I've just discovered that I lie. Or at least forget. Some would debate much difference between the two...


So, without further ado, here are a couple of photos of our dining room "before."

facing west toward the back yard

facing southeast toward the house center


You can see a few things in this photo worth noting. 
One: the dining room opens up into both the kitchen (right) and living room (left). 
Two: we have a really big built-in china cabinet with original glass doors. They are currently at Mom Hawk's place after stripping the hardware--we hate that painted-over hinge look; it reminds us of old college apartments--and being repainted.
Three: we have a chair rail. More on that in future posts.


Now, I recall posting about this already, but I cannot find evidence of this anywhere. So if you've already seen the photos, well, there they are again ;)


Readers have emailed me about the color red we chose in the dining room. Since we've gone with a slightly different look, I can't tell you what red we chose, but I'll offer this as a little inspiration until I get better photos (meaning, before we eat dinner and have to clean up and I'm too tired to think about photos)...

House Beautiful
And...technically our dining room looks nothing like this, but if I had this dining room, I'd be happy to entertain in it.


icj,
~j

No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics