1.30.2012

the new look

Morning, friends! Welcome back to the week. I hope you're ready for Monday.

The past couple of weeks I've been working out some html code to give the blog a facelift. I'll post about how I did that soon for those of you interested. And I still have a few things I want to add, including actual content on some of those pages. You'll probably notice the following:

WHAT'S NEW:
updated color scheme; this may happen with every baby, who knows, but I really love the gray brown gold look


adjusted sidebar tools such as "subscribe" instead of "follow," and "a little snippet" appearance change, and shuffled things around a bit


new navigation bar! this definitely took the longest to figure out. weeks of trial and error and a lot of help from this great gal, Allison Kaye (more about her in the coming weeks)

WHAT'S ELIMINATED
I took out the blog roll and will be reinserting it on a separate page so I can list them by focus for those who don't want to guess around but still like the inspiration.

WHAT'S COMING
content on each page, old and new (finally, that house tour!)
6 buttons that make it easy to learn more about what we highlight at thishawksnest, things like family matters, reading material, diy projects, tutorials, and more!
new labels for each post
series tabs for things like making it home and the bakery

Let us know what you like or what we could still adjust. Comment or email us at thishawksnest@gmail.com anytime. We LOVE hearing what you have to say!

icj,
~j



No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics