3.15.2012

mood board :: living in gray #1

We're finally going toward a whole house look, something fluid and cohesive from room to room, but where the rooms still stand on their own. We know the area rug we want for the living room, and we're adding built-in bookshelves and a window bench along one wall. We painted the room a new gray, Sherwin Williams Gray Clouds, to be exact. It's lighter at night (go figure) and perfect in the daytime! See below:
Gray Clouds, Sherwin Williams
I know that I want color through lamps, pillows, and artwork, and perhaps one chair or ottoman. Aside from that, we want it neutral enough that I can change those items out with seasons, moods, or pregnancy issues (I am more averse to colors than smells when pregnant). 

Here's my first attempt. Remember, I am not an interior designer. But I'd be happy to hear what you think.
Living Room Concept one

The gray stripe Olin rug from C&B is our definite. The dark object on the left is a likeness to our current and will-be-staying wine bar. Other than that, everything is changing. I LOVE that coffee table from C&B, but Hawk thinks glass tops are very 90's. (damn the 90's).

The bright print rug in the front could be in our foyer area. And I like the idea of an ottoman as a third seat because in our small space, another chair might be overkill.

On a side note, something incredible happened last night. I can't wait to tell you about it next week. Stay tuned. It has to do with true love.

icj,
~j

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thishawksnest reserves the right to remove any comment not contributing to content and conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Real Time Analytics